Friday, May 9, 2008

Between the covers

The greatest covers of all-time: (My opinion counts this time, bitches....)

- "Movin' On" By Ashley MacIsaac (original by Hank Snow)
Who else (besides Kid Rock) is going to take a squeaky old country tune and turn into a Techno/Rap-Metal fusion?

- "Boys in the Hood" by Dynamite Hack (original by N.W.A.)
My favorite part is "Started talkin shit, wouldn't ya know? So I reached back like a pimp and I slapped the ho"

- "Detroit Rock City" By The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (Original by Kiss)
Kiss could never make a studio record. The Bosstones showed em how it is done.

- "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" By The Barenaked Ladies (Original by Bruce Cockburn)
This is my second favorite BNL tune (Brian Wilson is #1) I like the piano in it.

- "Rusty Cage" by Johnny Cash (Original by Soundgarden)
I didn't give a shit about Johnny Cash before this song came out... I thought he was just another country singer. This guy did "old guy doin' new covers" right. Fuck you Pat Boone.

- "Gloria" by Patti Smith (Original by Van Morrison)
The Doors did a cover of this song and that was good too... Pretty much anyone who covers this song is going to rock it. It's so fun. The clip was taken from her performance on SNL back in the 70s.

- "Walking with a Ghost" by The White Stripes (Original by Tegan and Sara)
I heard the cover before I heard the original. I think both of them are good. This song turned me on to Tegan and Sara. I have never seen pictures of them but they sound cute. I could be wrong. I was wrong about the singer in Sunshine State. Jesus Christ, eat something. You are so underweight that your hair won't grow any longer!

- "Maybe Tomorrow" by The Antics (Original by A Well Trained Dog)
Just kidding.

No comments: