Monday, May 26, 2008

My world away from you...

Ever see a sprinkler head go off? It's not like they show it on T.V. I know this. I did this on Friday. Actually I cracked the head off.. The result is the same.
In the movies, The sprinkler goes off and nice clear water showers the nice people who cover themselves with the New York Times or a file folder.
In real life, first there is a giant bang when the head goes off. It sounds like a gun... This is from the immense pressure release. This pressure release also causes every other pipe in the building to shudder and shake.
The water that comes out isn't like the water that comes out of your showerhead. The water in sprinkler pipe has been sitting there probably since the system was installed. It has since turned black and smells fucking terrible.
If you were under a sprinkler when it went off, forget about blocking the spray with the paper or your briefcase. You will probably be knocked on your ass. Knocked on your ass with stinky, black water.
I hope this has been educational. I feel stupider by telling you and even worse for using the word "stupider"...

P.S. Myself and a co-worker were responsible for this

1 comment:

Jen said...

I just read the Springdale article. You broke that pipe?