Monday, September 8, 2008

This Is How You Remind Me...**

There are songs that remind me of people. One of my first blog entries touched on the fact that songs remind me of situations, summers, people etc. I had to go back and check just in case I wasn't doing a rerun or clip show. It's not. Here are some songs and the people they remind me of:

I Mother Earth / Summertime in the void - Aoife
The Bloodhound Gang / Fire Water Burn - Wallace
Pantera / This Love - Dennis
Kaiser Chiefs / Ruby - Julie
Matthew Good Band / Indestructible - Daniel
Any song by the Goo Goo Dolls
- Jennifer T
Red Hot Chili Peppers / Coffee Shop - Pike
George Jones / White Lightning - Butler
Sunshine State / Day Job - Andrea
Ween / Voodoo Lady - Dave
The Cure / Burn - Shandera
Taking Back Sunday / Bike Scene - Warford
Feed / Just a Mess* - Krista (Good luck finding that one the internet)
Phantom Planet / California - The Entire Milley Family
Snow Patrol / Chasing Cars - Angela
Len / Steal My Sunshine - Turpin
Leonard Cohen / Closing Time - Williams
Stardust / The Music Sounds Better With You - Colin (He liked that song, if you can believe that)
Katy Perry / I Kissed a Girl - The whole bunch at the Hillbily Ranch. Also reminds me of vomiting

I am certain that there are more but these are ones that popped in my head instantly.

Man in the box reminds everyone of Dustin Bartlett.

What song(s) remind you of me? I have a feeling Sloan, Pearl Jam, In-Flight Safety and maybe Joel Plaskett (Depending on how long you have known me) may be responses.

I didn't put my sister in this list. The reason for this is because she was/is probably my biggest musical influence. There would be too many songs to list.

*This is what came up when I googled "Feed Just a Mess Newfoundland"


Kate Nash / Foundations - Spring 2008

** I had to change the title of this entry after the fact because it really had had no context other than it was a line in the Kate Nash song. I'm trying to pull this thing from the depths of sorrow to the nonsense, bullshit blog that it used to be.




No comments: