Saturday, February 2, 2008

Youd Shouldn't Need to Laugh

Corky is a shitty name. That's why I thought that "Life Goes On" was such a pile of shit. I can only imagine what should have happened in real life...
DOCTOR: I have examined your new-born boy and and I am happy to say that he is perfectly healthy. We have also determined that the baby has Down's Syndrome. You both are excellent parents and I think that you'll both be able to provide the special care necessary and be able to nurture the boy and have him live to his full potential. What are you going to call him?"
PARENTS: Corky.
DOCTOR: Get the fuck outta this room! You should be ashamed of yourselves. Kids are cruel ya know. It's going to be hard enough having to grow up with Down's. You are going to call him Corky now and make sure he never has any friends? I'm calling the cops.

This is how it plays out in my head. I laugh at myself.. kinda like Jimmy Fallon. Did he ever do a sketch without laughing? People say he was the funniest performer on SNL in years but I don't think you would have laughed at a lot of his sketches if he didn't bust out laughing during his lines and make everyone else in the sketch laugh.
Check out this tune. We played with these guys at a battle of the bands once... It was like, their first or second ever show. They played one song twice because they didn't know any more. Not very good when you are playing a 6 song set. I think they still won... They are that good. Good bands can do that and get away with it.

No comments: