Sunday, February 10, 2008

How many Riff's did you pass on YOUR way home?

Pre-Blog Note:
I wrote this Blog on the night of February 9th but the internet seems to be still in its infancy here in C.B.N. and wasn't working last night. Life becomes that much more boring around the bay when the internet fails. I think the previous sentence is a lovely precursor to the actual blog post. Here it goes.

I went in town for the day today. I think that is the first time I have said that this century. I have been living “around the bay” for two weeks and I already miss it. Especially Future shop. I went in town today to get my fix. Armed with gift certificates from Christmas I embarked on a mini-spree in order to get the smell of new electronics wafting across my nose once again. I walked out with nothing and I am truly disgusted about it.

I didn’t take me long to realize the reason for my lack of silicon and semiconductors. In August of 2007 I found myself responsible for paying the entire rent on a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment in Paradise. Most of you will know what happened therefore I will not go into detail. It was the fear of not having enough money that kept me away from my electronic needle-and-spoon. Even though I had gift certificates and no money would be coming out of my pocket, I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t justify making frivolous purchases. I guess I am easily conditioned. There weren’t many good sales worth taking advantage of anyways. Future Shop in St. John’s kinda reminds me of the Canadian Tire in Carbonear. You get this deadly flyer in the mail promising sales that would make you really give like Santa and save like Scrooge. You rush down there only to find out that not only are they out of stock but they never had the fuckin’ thing in the first place.

Next, I have entered a couple of thoughts that popped in my head recently take them with a grain of sulphuric acid:

I think MUN should get a hockey team. They are one of the few universities in Canada that doesn’t have one. When the Fog Devils finally get the fuck out of town Mile One will be empty and MUN hockey could be a successful venture. Lots of people have a connection and/or pride towards MUN. You’d get a lot more people going to Seahawk’s Hockey than Seahawk’s Basketball or Soccer.

I should buy a rubber cunny. That would be cool to bring to parties and stick between the cushions of the host’s couch.
*Note*: When I was searching for a link to stick to "rubber cunny", I found this. Feel free to comment.

No comments: