Monday, February 18, 2008

Living in the woods is cheap.

This Blog was written on Monday, February 11.

I’m back in Corner Brook. Sometimes I refer to it as CB. It can stand for Corner Brook or Cock Block. Both are true. We are staying in a Motel this time. There is no Internet. This place kinda reminds me of the place a couple on the lam would “hang low” for a couple of a days until the heat dies down... We are not far from Corner Brook but we are in a sort wilderness. The guy next door is fucking a woman that’s not his wife.

One of the guys I am working with is ecstatic with our accommodations. “40 dollars a day between 3 fellers me buddy. Ya can’t beat dat” Comfort is certainly not one of his priorities. As long as there is a cribbage board and the space channel, he is happy. He is sitting at the foot of my bed as I write this. The place is so small that this is considered a comfortable distance. This is how I’ll probably spend Valentine’s day.
There is a fridge in the room. It was warm on the inside when we arrived last night so I turned it on. It’s still warm now. That’s what 40 dollars gets you I guess.
That same guy I was talking about earlier... flash back to him. You have pay attention to him sometimes. It gets hard sometimes because he gets repetitive. Sometimes though, he’ll say something that’ll blow your mind or will offend you in ways you never thought possible. Here’s one of my favorites...
“Me buddy, I got no problem with gay people. I think they should be able to get married and do whatever. I just don’t think they should be doctors, nurses or teachers or anything like that.” Feel free to comment.

No comments: